MFA from NSCAD (1990)
Digital Animation Certificate, Algonquin Digital Media (1999)
Non-traditional applications of game engine technology to real-world environments and systems; game environments as 3D Web and Social Media; real-time connectivity between game environments and real-world scientific data; game design as Conceptual Art; game design/levels as totalitarian realism/simulation; real-world sculpture/installation/ game-world sculpture/installation; Photogrammetry; High Dynamic Range/Image-based Lighting; game mechanic; board game design.
Currently working with a team of four senior New Media students and one sound designer to produce a virtual Beauvais Lake Park simulation for the Alberta government. The project uses accurate digital elevation data. and images and sounds recorded in situ. The project is challenging because the team has 6 weeks start-to-finish, and the park is 25 square kms.
- Associate Professor, Department of New Media, 1999 – present
- Chair of New Media Department
- MFA from NSCAD (1990) and Digital Animation Certificate, Algonquin Digital Media (1999)
- Exhibited publicly and internationally since 1985
- Art Gallery Director: Or Gallery, Acadia University, Malaspina Centenial Gallery
- Published Art writer: C Magazine, Vanguard, Parachute, Baltic Sea Biennale
- Motion Capture Supervisor on Xbox 360 release title “The Outfit”, 2005, THQ/Relic (winner of 2006 Canadian New Media Game of the Year)
- Currently VFX Technical Director (part time) with Insitu Media Corp., Vancouver, BC
- Founder/President of 3D interactive visualization company Gamenginuity